Search This Blog

Thursday 16 October 2008

My Preliminary Work ...


I created a school magazine for Heworth Grange Comprehensive School; the school which I attend. I would have liked to have been able to devote more time into my front cover.
I used the school colours: blue and yellow. I used an attractive model who is staring directly out at the audience, this is because she appeals to the audience.
I also used a traditional magazine convention; a yellow border across the top. This contains writing to show what else is in my magazine.
I used bright colours to protrude from the page and appeal to my audience.
My magazine was created for Heworth Grange students as it contains information on the school.
I used storylines which I thought the pupils would want to read about and what they would be intrigued by.
I used shadow around the image boxes and around the star which has 'issue 1' written inside, this is to make these certain things stand off the page.
I tilted two of the images to break the convential layout and make it appealing to the eye.

No comments: